The Student Council of Dr. D. Y. Patil Biotechnology & Bioinformatics Institute (DYPBBI) is an organization formed and conducted by students, supervised and advised by Faculty members. The purpose of the Student Council is to give students an opportunity to develop their leadership skills by organizing and carrying out Institutional activities and service projects. It works as a bridge between the students and Faculty and it provides a platform for students to express their views and suggestions.
General Objectives of the Student Council:
- To enhance communication between students, management, staff and parents
- To promote an environment conducive to educational and professional development
- To promote friendship and respect among pupils
- To support the management and staff in the development of the quality teaching-learning environment within the institute.
- To represent the views of the students on matters of general concern to them.
- To organize various extracurricular, co-curricular, sports, NSS and extension activities at the Institute and represent the Institute at University, State and National level.